Share this post
- save 7
Sims 4 allows you to live your desired life through the Sims. You can have the best possible second life by controlling and creating the world around you with these virtual people. Although, the huge number of tasks and paying bills regularly can be hectic as well as time-consuming for most players. While killing your Sim might look like an easy way out, Sims 4 cheats are a better short-term solution. So if you’re in the same boat, we’ve got you covered in this guide.
How to turn on cheats in Sims 4
The expansion pack itself comes with its own cheats for jobs, death, and some other trait, that are unique with this pack. We’ve organized some of the popular cheat codes for the base game as well as the expansion packs so you can better your Sim’s life without putting much time into it.
It is fairly easy to enable cheats on different platforms. You may do so by:
- Pressing Control + Shift+ C on PC.
- Pressing Command + Shift + C on Mac.
- Hitting all four shoulder buttons once on the controller for consoles (Xbox, PlayStation).
You can type your cheat code into the space provided and hit enter.
Base game cheat codes
Before you start entering cheat codes, it is wise to enter a cheat that helps manage your other cheats. For this, you need to type “testingCheats [true/false]” into the cheat menu, marked as “Shift-Click.” You can unlock some of the new Shift-Click menu options for your Sims or object as well.
Also interesting: The Sims 4 on Xbox One and PS4: Port-Astrophe? [Review]
Further, you can now use most of the functionality a Sim can perform, such as moving between families, cleaning or dirt up objects, teleporting anywhere, and filling up their needs and happiness bars.
After typing “testingCheats true”, Shift+Click on Sims can perform the following effects.
- Cheat Need > Make Happy: Improve and motivate your Sims.
- Cheat Need > Enable/Disable Need Decay: Authorizes or controls Sims from their change of need.
- Reset Object: Reset your Sim in default status.
- Add to Family: Add a new Sim to your family.
- Modify in CAS: Changing the Sim in the Create-A-Sim mode, aside from the name and attributes like the inherited traits.
- Make Dirty/Clean: Make your object dirty or turn it clean.
- Teleport Sim: Use shift+click on the ground to teleport a Sim over to that point.
It’s hard to get a stack of cash using cheats in real life, but it can be done in Sims 4 with the press of a few buttons. We can turn our Sims into the next billionaire by inserting simple cheat codes. Following cheat codes will provide you with Sims 4 money within seconds:
- kaching: Get 1,000 Simoleons
- rosebud: Get 1,000 Simoleons (for The Sims veterans who remember it)
- motherlode: Get 50,000 Simoleons
- Money [#]: Get the exact number of Simoleons for household
- FreeRealEstate [on/off]: enter this in the neighborhood or world view to make all lots free
- household.autopay_bills [true/false]: Turn household bills on and off.
Build or buy mode cheats
You can buy or build any object in the Sims 4 with the following cheats:
- modebb.moveobjects: Ignore placement rules for objects and put them anywhere you like
- bb.showhiddenobjects: Buy hidden objects
- bb.enablefreebuild: Build anywhere, even on locked lots
- bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement: Buy items locked by careers
Live mode cheats
Sometimes, things go sideways in the game, and the player loses track of time with tasks that take too long to complete. But these cheats will certainly help you out when you find yourself stuck in a sticky situation.
- resetSim [firstname lastname]: Resets a stuck Sim.
- Sims.give_satisfaction_points [#]: Gives Sim several satisfaction points
- fillmotive motive_[motive]: Fills the specified motive, valid for Bladder, Energy, Fun, Hunger, Hygiene, Social
- Sims.fill_all_commodities: Fills the motives for all Sims in the household
- aspirations.complete_current_milestone: Completes a Sim’s current aspiration goal and awards the matching points
Use stats.set_skill_levelMajor_Loic 10 to max out the skills of your Sim in a specific area.
Substitute “major_Logic” for any of these skills:
For child Sims, you can use Skill_Child_[Creativity/Mental/Motor/Social], and the maximum limit is 10. Once you have skilled up your Sims, they can get free promotions or add new careers using the following codes:
- careers.add_career [carrers]: add any career you like” Astronaut”, “Singer”, and so on.
- careers.promote [career]: Get promotion of your Sims
- careers.remove [career]: Remove your Sim’s job.
- careers.retire [carrer]: Quit your job and collet a weekly pension.
Sims 4 goes a step further and allows players to build friendships and relationships with cheat codes as well.
- Relationships.create_friends_for_Sim with this code, a new Sim will spawn that already has a bunch of friends.
If you want to take it up a notch and indulge in building romantic relationship, use the following code:
- modifyrelationship [YourSimFirstName] [YourSimLastName] [TargetSimFirstName] [TargetSimLastName] 100 LTR_Friendship_Main
Replace “Friendship” for “Romance” to change the relationship between Sims.
Kill and un-kill your Sim
- death.toggle [true/false]: to save your Sims from dying.
- Sims.add_buff Ghostly: this will turn your Sim into a ghost for 4 hours.
- stats.set_stat commodity_Vampire_SunExposure -100: You can kill fanged Sims (Need Vampire expansion).
- traits.equip_trait Vampire_Sun: Turn a regular Sim into a vampire who can be killed by the sun.
- traits.[equip/remove]_trait Ghost_Overheat: Use this code to undo Sims who have died from the heat.
Also, you can replace “Overheat” with “Frozen” or “lightning”. Additionally, you can use” Poison” in the Jungle Adventure expansion.
UI cheats in Sims 4
UI cheat codes come in handy when you need to add or delete the element in the game.
- headlineeffects [on/off]: Enables or disables headline effects like speech bubbles.
- hovereffects [on/off]: Disables hover effect.
- fullscreenToggle: Makes the game fullscreen/windowed mode.
- fps [on/off]: Displays the fps on screen.
Cheat codes to get famous
Who would have thought getting famous would be this easy. All you need to do is use famepoints[#], to add fame points to your Sim. Additionally, you can also use the following codes to further your career as an actor in the Sims 4: Get Famous DLC:
- careers.promote Actor – promote your Sim in the acting career.
- careers.promote DramaClub – promote your kid Sim in the Drama Club.
- stats.set_skill_level Major_Acting [#] – Acting skill maxes out at 10.
- stats.set_skill_level Minor_Media [#] – Media Production maxes out at 5.
- traits.equip_trait WorldRenownedActor – Renowned actors never fail at an acting action.
- traits.equip_trait UnstoppableFame – Unstoppable Sims never experience Fame decay over time and aren’t ruffled by Paparazzi.
Cats & Dogs extension cheats
Getting a pet in Sims 4 can be a pleasant experience. It also allows players to check out many pet-related traits and professions in Sims 4. Here is how you can max out those skills or unlock the perk of being a vet in Cats & Dogs Sims 4 pack:
- stats.set_skill_level [skill] [#]: To change your Sims’ level in these pets abilities.
- Major_Vet: Your vet skills max out at 10.
- skill_Dog: Your Sim’s ability to train pets goes up to 5.
- traits.equip_trait Attraction: Use this code to form a relationship with the pet at a higher level.
Further, several cheat codes allow players to change their veterinarian status as well:
- careers.add_career Vet: Add veterinarian as a career.
- careers.promote Vet: Get promoted as a veterinarian.
- careers.remove_career Vet: Quit Vet career.
- careers.retire Vet: Retire from your current job and receive a pension check every day instead.
Do you need to use cheats in The Sims 4?
Cheat codes are often frowned upon by gamers, and it’s not the best idea to use them while playing. However, many tasks in Sims 4 can take up too much of your time. As a result, cheat codes become a viable option to cut down on these hours spent in the game. It’s entirely up to how you want to play the game and if you have fun, then that’s all that counts.
YouTube: 15 Cheats You MUST KNOW For The Sims 4 (My Most Used Cheats) ✅🥰
Photo credit: All media shown is owned by Electronic Arts and was either provided as part of a press kit or obtained via screenshot from the game.
Share this post
- save 7
This guest article has been submitted by Paul Tuthill. We appreciate all guest contributions but the opinions expressed by the author do not necessarily reflect the views of TechAcute.
Was this post helpful?
Did this article help you? If not, let us know what we missed.